Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sorting, Building and Mesquite Trees!


Today I did some fun, but unusual things.  First we decided to clean the back room (where all the kids toys are).  We piled all the toys up in the middle and started the daunting task of putting away everything, down to the little barbie crowns and every little toy soldier gun.  Amazingly I was saved by Mom from such a horrible fate and instead was given the job of building a desk.  After getting the measurements Mom and I went to Home Depot and got some thin plywood and some screws.  I started working on the desk, but quickly realized I would need Dad's help getting it done right.  I then started something else...  Along the side of the road that we're camped on, at the church we're staying at, there were some piles of mesquite tree limbs. I was able to get five of the guys from the youth group here to come help me haul them all to the construction dumpster.  I got the church golf cart and hooked up the trailer behind it.  It took probably about five or six loads and a couple hours but we "kicked that pig" (inside joke).  I finished doing the limbs just in time to help Dad with the desk and build Mom a shelf in the kitchen.  Our microwave finally croaked the other day and got thrown out.  Instead of getting another one we decided to make that empty space into three shelves for bread, chips, cereal, chips, and chips (I hope).  At least now we won't have to worry about our brains getting nuked!    :)  After that I decided to do facebook and write a post on my new blog.  Because Mom is sorting in the back there is a big pile of stuff right in front of the desk so I had to jump over a box, squeeze between a table, and climb over the side of our computer chair.  Now here  I am, sitting down wasting my time writing a blog post instead of watching Pride and Prejuduce with everyone else. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Make sure to come back and give me your opinion on future posts.